Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New And (Hopefully) Improved Who Am I Wednesday!

Here on "A POP CULTURE ADDICT'S GUIDE TO LIFE", I'll be the first one to admit when something in the blog isn't quite working the way that I wanted it to.  I'll also be the first one to admit that sometimes my ideas sound much better in my head than they do on paper.

Or, in this case, a computer screen.

I thought that the "
WHO AM I WEDNESDAY" feature, in which you have to guess who the person I'm talking about is based on the diary entries they write was going to be a big hit, but looking at the stats, of the three brand new days that I've incorporated into the blog, Wednesdays are ranked the lowest of the seven day week.  I tried it for two weeks just to see if there was any sort of increase in readership, but to be honest with you, I began having second thoughts about keeping the feature going in its current format.

(By the way, the answer to last week's entry was Ned Flanders.)




However, I still like the idea of the theme day title.  "WHO AM I WEDNESDAY" is still a really interesting idea...but maybe what I'll do is change it up.

Instead of doing diary entries about fictional characters, what if I went back to doing diary and video entries about myself doing a little bit of self-reflection and looking deeper into myself to figure out what makes me tick, and what went into some of the choices that I made when I was a child, the choices I'm currently making now, and the choices that I hope to make in the future.

In fact, I'm going to make this edition of the new and (hopefully) improved version of "WHO AM I WEDNESDAY" a video blog.  Would you believe that the last time I posted a video blog was way back on the first of May?  That's almost three weeks ago!  Oh, well.  I guess you could say that I'm making up for lost time in a sense, right?

So, how am I going to do this blog?  Well, you know how I did that piece on MOTIVATION MONDAY earlier this week where on my chat show we read the messages that we would leave behind after we pass away.

(And, given that the episode originally aired on my birthday, I found it quite ironic to talk about death on the day that I was born...but nevertheless, we went ahead with it.)

Admittedly, mine was structured in a way that I was trying to clear up any misconceptions that people had in regards to how they saw me.  I don't know if I did such a good job with that, but I'll let you be the judge.  All you have to do is find the entry that I wrote on May 19, 2014, and you can read my epitaph, so to speak.  To me, it makes sense, but I'll let you make your own judgment call on that one.

In the meantime, I want to use this space to clear up another misconception...only this time, it is one that I had about myself.

MISCONCEPTION #6:  I lack athletic ability.

The truth?  Revealed in video format right...now.



So, what do you think?  Do you think you can live with the new "WHO AM I WEDNESDAY"?  I'd love to hear your comments.  You can post them here, or at my e-mail address at matthewwturcotte518@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment