Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Quarter To Eleven News Bloopers

Okay, guys!  It's time for another edition of FUNNY MONDAY - the day of the week in which we take a look at some of the funniest images that have ever been posted.

Today's theme?  Well, it has to do with the idea of television news. 

You see, almost all news broadcasts this day and age are done completely live.  There might be some time before the broadcast to rehearse, but inevitably, bloopers do happen.

And sometimes the funniest bloopers of all happen during the moments of the news in which a person's name is displayed, or the weather is being reported on, or sports scores might be displayed.  If the person at the helm of the controls falls asleep at the wheel, or if a typographical error is made, or even if a person wears the wrong colour of outfit, it can make for some scenes much more interesting (and funnier) than the actual news.

It's why I call this entry "Quarter To Eleven News Bloopers".

So, let's go ahead with the bloopers.

As always, I want to thank Buzzfeed, Pinterest, Oddee.com, 11 Points, DesignTaxi, and Funny or Die for the photos displayed today.



You know, when you see a flashlight just sitting there in the middle of the street, I would be cautious too.  You never know what kind of germs could be crawling all over it.  Why, it could even be covered with fire ants.  And anyone who has ever been stung by a fire ant knows how much they hurt.

Or, maybe it's suspicious because they somehow crammed a double A battery inside of a triple A slot.  Who can say?



Is it just me, or did Bart Simpson have anything to do with this contest winner?  Seriously, what an unfortunate name!



It must be a slow news day when you can't even find the words to describe a police chase, so you decide to describe how to write a paragraph instead.  It must also make English teachers cringe...particularly the one who apparently forgot to teach this one how to spell the word "paragraph" correctly.



Well, I don't blame this guy one bit.  Have you ever tried running with boxer shorts under your pants before?  I have.  Completely uncomfortable.  Suddenly chasing after someone for their tighty-whities makes more sense.  Less chafing.



Wow...is it just me, or has Wesley Snipes changed a little since the last movie he made?



Well...to be fair, here in Canada, winter coincides with cold and flu season.  Slip sliding on snot could be entirely possible.



This is precisely why one should NEVER wear green dresses in front of a green screen.  On the plus side, she doesn't have to worry about her Ann Arbor showing...



I think the state of Idaho had a little bit too much to drink last night...



I always said that if I had to die, I think it would be best if I were killed to death.



Wait...did I miss something?  When the heck was World War XI?



Yeah, there are just so many things that are wrong with this heading, I wouldn't even know where to begin.



The biggest surprise is that Michael Newman himself seems to be surprised at the fact that he is not dead.



Yes, everyone!  I hope you have a great day...well, except those of you who live in that house that is quickly turning into ashes.  Yeah, you're exempt.



Never judge a book by its cover.



What happens when you have a news ticker combined with the news of the Royal Baby being born?  You have a case of the unfortunate news juxtaposition!  And it happened not once, but twice!  Damn, that royal baby went through a lot, didn't he?



I'd say that the fact that your graphics designer can't tell the difference between South Africa and South America is a bigger controversy, wouldn't you?



Okay...so I'm going to have to stock up on sunblock with SPF 25,000 tomorrow. 



Oh, sure...I remember that American president from the 1990s.  Good old Geroge...nobody ever topped him! 



So, 85% voted yes, while 15% voted YES!  Ah, that's the difference.  Or maybe they were voting on the look that they wanted the disgraced baseball player to sport.  I agree.  I like the cap better.



I don't know if scientists really did falsify theories, but hey, 120% of people can't be wrong.



Wow...I didn't know that MSNBC employed those!!!




Did I miss something here, or did Boston exact some sort of piracy towards New York City when I wasn't looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment