Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Why You Should Vote For Inspector Gadget

Hey, everyone!  Just because I'm feeling a little bit lazy, I thought that I would just recopy the first part of yesterday's blog to reintroduce the fact that I have a poll going on and that I want you to vote in it to have your say on what classic cartoon series you want me to review.

Well, you guys and gals may have noticed that I have a poll posted in this very blog.  And this poll will give you the power to choose which retro cartoon you want me to review every episode of.

Now, I should state that when I say every episode, I mean every episode.  One entry could be a full 22 minute episode, while another could be an 11 minute half episode.  Apparently the 1980s were popular for half episodes for some reason.

Well, I thought that since I changed the date of the poll to July 15, I thought that I would use this opportunity to make a case for each of the four shows.  That way, it might make you think about your vote a little bit more.

Just to show you what I mean by "reviewing" a show, I'll post a couple of links for you.  Click HERE for "Full House Reviewed" and click HERE for "Saved By The Bell Reviewed".  Mine will follow a similar format - only with less swearing.  I want to keep this blog PG rated so that all audiences can enjoy it.  Not trying to wuss out here.  Just trying to take all ages into consideration.

So, from now until Saturday, June 27, I'll be making a case for one of these shows, just so you can have a bit of an idea as to what to expect in these reviews.

(I'll probably be doing this for the remaining two days as well, so don't be too alarmed if this seems like a bit of regurgitation.)

So yesterday I tried to convince all of you to hear me out on why you should choose The Care Bears Family for this post.  Well, today I will be convincing all of you to choose "Inspector Gadget".



You know, I think of all the theme songs for these choices, I like the "Inspector Gadget" one the best.  But of course, that shouldn't be the only reason you vote for this cartoon.  No way.



So, why should you vote for "Inspector Gadget"?  Well, of all the shows, it happens to be the one that I know the most about.  I must have watched every single episode of the show's first season a hundred times or more, and I even own the complete first season on DVD.  So, getting my hands on all of the episodes of the first season won't be a problem at all.

And yes, I keep on saying first season.  Initially, I was only going to do the first season of 65 episodes.  In Canada, that was all that we had to watch.  In fact, it wasn't until recently that I discovered that a second season of the show aired in 1985 and produced an additional 21 episodes of the show, bringing the final count to 86 episodes.  Reviewing the show for the next 86 weeks will take us to February or March 2017, whereas if I only did the first 65, it would last only until October 2016.  Again, I haven't decided what I will do yet, but you can guarantee that it will go for 65 weeks anyway.

If you choose this option, you can expect to see the following;



You will learn what ALL of Gadget's gadgets are, and what they do.  I promise that I will keep track of them all and list them all at the end.  It may very well be the most comprehensive list that you will ever see.



I'll also point out how technology in "Inspector Gadget" seemed way ahead of its time.  Seriously, what's the difference between Penny's computer book and a tablet?  Not much.  Though, I admit I still want a computer book.



You'll also get a list of all of Brain's clever costumes.  Seriously, Brain is a master of disguise.

And you will also learn a lot about real and fictional nations of the world.  Don't worry.  I'll clarify which is which for you.



We can expect a lot of snarky comments about Dr. Claw's henchmen and henchwomen - who may very well be just as mentally incompetent as Gadget himself.

We'll keep a tally of how many times Penny has almost died in the show.  Believe me, there's a lot of them.  I don't know if it will surpass the times Chief Quimby gets blown up, but it'll be a high number.

And for that matter, we'll discuss how many times Gadget himself has nearly died - usually as a result of his own stupidity.

Trust me.  Voting for Inspector Gadget will be an endless supply of snark, wit, and laughter.  It'll be fun, but only if you vote "Inspector Gadget".

So if you want at least 65 weeks of entertaining commentary, choose choice #2.

If not, vote for #1 or listen to the other two arguments.  I'll be pleading the case of Jem and the Holograms in tomorrow's entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment