Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

More Quality, Less Quantity

I have a fairly good memory.  In fact, some would say that it is abnormally good.  I remember things that happened to me 30 years ago, while some others can't remember what happened to them 30 seconds ago.  It's a blessing and a curse to have such a good memory.  A blessing because I remember all the good times, and a curse because I remember all the bad times.

And I also tend to remember the most random things that seem so insignificant, but had some impact.

For instance, I remember an incident when I was about 20, 21, and I was on some Internet forum.  A person had asked a question about a particular topic (I believe it was a question about what was more important in a relationship - trust or love), and I typed in a response as to what my thoughts were on the subject.  

(For the record, I believe you have to have both to make a successful relationship, but again, that's strictly my opinion.)

Anyway, after I typed out my response, I had some people agree with what I said, and some people who chose to see a different side.  But that's fine.  People can agree to disagree.

But then there was one person who rather than look at the comment, posted his own response directed at me which stated that reading my post made them fall asleep at their keyboard and that if I ever wanted to get his attention, I should post less and write less because I bored him to tears.

Now, obviously this was an Internet troll who probably had a lot of insecurities about himself so he chose to humiliate others they felt threatened by.  But, I have to say that while I don't agree with the way he called me out, I begrudgingly admit that he did make a good point.

Truth be told, while I had no choice but to disconnect from the Internet while I moved, I have to say it was really good to get away from the blog for a while.  I had spent four years updating the blog every day, feeling compelled to write an entry about pop culture and life every single day because I felt that if I missed a day, I would be considered lazy, or that I didn't care.

And you know, for the first couple of years, I really had no trouble with doing it.  But lately, I've been getting lazy with it, and I haven't been putting forth as much effort in the blog as I would ideally like.

So, that's why I have made the decision to cut back on postings from 7 days a week to 4.  If something happens that I need to take an extra day, so be it.  But I need to use this time to refresh my writing skills and take more time out for myself.

So, beginning now, the days in which I will post are Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  Sundays will be music themed, Tuesday Timelines will go on, and Fridays I will be doing my New Archies Reviewed series.  Wednesdays will be a topic of my choosing.

Thanks for understanding, guys.  I am not giving up on the PCA just yet...I just need to have a little breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment